Problems of Teaching in Mathematics CTET MCQ.
- Travel Environmental Studies Pedagogy CTET MCQ
- Shelter Environmental Studies Pedagogy CTET MCQ
- Language Skills English CTET MCQ
01 Which of the following processes is responsible for creating fear and anxiety in the students in understanding mathematics?
- visualisation and representation
- mathematical communications
- estimation of quantities
- memorisation of important concepts
Option 4 – memorisation of important concepts
02 Which one of the following is the major problem of teaching mathematics?
- teaching methods of teacher
- use of mathematical tools
- classroom operations
- knowledge of teaching methods
Option 1 – teaching methods of teacher
03 A child of class III reads 482 as four hundred eighty two but writes it as 40082. What does this indicate for a teacher?
- child is not attentive in the class and is a careless listener
- child is a careful listener but has not established sense of place value
- child is confusing the expression of number in expanded from and in short form
- teacher should teach the concept of place value when the children are able to write numbers correctly
Option 2 – child is a careful listener but has not established sense of place value
04 Which of the following problems from the textbook of class IV refers to ‘multidisciplinary problem’?
- draw the flag of India and identify the number of lines of symmetry in the flag
- draw the mirror image of a given figure
- how many lines of symmetry are there in a given figure?
- to draw a line of symmetry in a given geometrical figure
Option 1 – draw the flag of India and identify the number of lines of symmetry in the flag
05 Possible indicator pertaining to visual memory barrier hampering with learner’s mathematical performance is
- difficulty in retaining mathematical facts and difficulty in telling time
- difficulty in using a number line
- difficulty to count on within a sequence
- difficulty in handling small manipulations
Option 1 – difficulty in retaining mathematical facts and difficulty in telling time
06 Akanksha wants to become a good mathematics teacher. To be a good mathematics teacher she must have
- good communicative skills and the knowledge of close-ended questions
- conceptual knowledge, understanding and ability to relate content of mathematics with real life
- good knowledge of number system, algebra and geometry
- ability to solve the problems in no time
Option 2 – conceptual knowledge, understanding and ability to relate content of mathematics with real life
07 Which of the following cannot be considered as a reason for fear and failure in mathematics?
- classroom experiences
- symbolic notations
- structure of mathematics
- gender differences
Option 4 – gender differences
08 The devices which are used to make teaching methods more effective are known as
- objectives of teaching
- principles of teaching
- techniques of teaching
- all of the above
Option 3 – techniques of teaching
09 Which of the skills do you consider most essential for a teacher?
- encourage children to search for knowledge
- have all the information for the children
- ability to make children memorise materials
- enable children to do well in tests
Option 1 – encourage children to search for knowledge
10 Absenteeism can be stopped by
- punishing the students
- giving the sweets
- contacting the parents
Option 4 – contacting the parents
11 Most effective teaching aid is
- direct experience
- none of the above
Option 2 – direct experience
12 The chief characteristic of good mathematics teaching is
- to provide auto-learning conditions
- to make effective planning
- to promote democratic principles
- all of the above
Option 4 – all of the above
13 The main problem of teacher
- all of the above
Option 3 – rejection
14 Which is not the characteristic of a successful teacher?
- partial behaviour
- self discipline
Option 3 – partial behaviour
15 Which point is not included in the professional skills of a teacher? ( Problems of Teaching in Mathematics CTET MCQ )
- knowledge of self
- to experiment well
- satisfactory knowledge of social matter
Option 4 – satisfactory knowledge of social matter
We covered all the Problems of Teaching in Mathematics CTET MCQ on our website above.
Install our MCQ TUBE android app from the Google play store and get the latest alerts on your mobile itself for completely free.
Check out the latest MCQ content by visiting our mcqtube website homepage.